Computing at Coppice
At Coppice Primary School we believe that the use of ICT is an integral part of the National Curriculum as it is a key part of everyday life. We recognise that children are entitled to access a range of quality hardware and software (computers, tablets, programmable robots and digital and video cameras) and a structured and progressive approach to the learning of the skills needed to use this effectively.
We are a well-resourced school with iPads, netbooks, recording devices, programmable toys and interactive whiteboards to support the delivery of high quality computing lessons. We have a subscription to Purple Mash that follows a programme of study that fulfils the National Curriculum.
- Provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Meet the requirements of the National Curriculum programmes of study for computing.
- Use Computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum.
- To respond to new developments in technology.
- To equip pupils with the confidence and capability to use Computing in later life.
- To enhance learning in other areas of the curriculum using, Computing.
- To develop the understanding of how to use Computing safely and responsibly.
The school believes that computing:
- Gives children immediate access to a rich source of materials.
- Can present information in a variety of ways.
- Can motivate and enthuse children.
- Can help children to focus and concentrate.
- Offers potential for effective group working.
- Has the flexibility to meet the individual needs of each child.
Please click the link below to access the ICT Overview linking to the Topics across school: